Global Pet Expo 2014 was a huge success, reporting record-breaking numbers in exhibitors, buyer and media attendance and total booths sold.
- 5,597 buyers – a five percent increase over last year
- more than 3,000 new pet product launches
- 985 exhibitors
- 2,896 booths sold – the highest post-show numbers to date
- 14,000 people
- 289,600 square footage of exhibit space
Global Pet Expo ranks #72 in size out of the 10,000 shows that take place annually in the U.S.
AND…. It was announced that Orlando and the Orange County Convention Center will be the official home to the Show through 2019.
Global Pet Expo truly is a GLOBAL event and a key trading opportunity for companies from around the world
- 16% of exhibitors were international, making up 156 of the 985 exhibitors
- 27% of buyers were from outside of the U.S., coming from 76 countries
The 2014 Show also saw record-setting media attendance ranging from pet industry specific magazines and bloggers to major national media outlets.
Global Pet Expo gets SOCIAL
- Attendees sent more than 4,100 tweets about Global Pet Expo during the week of the Show
- More than 18.8 million impressions were generated
- Global Pet Expo’s Twitter following has grown 44% since the 2013 Show
- Facebook page has grown a staggering 207%
- YouTube channel has experienced a surge as well, with views up 31% from 2013
Publisher and editor-in-chief of international successes Modern Dog and Modern Cat magazines, Connie Wilson, was honored with Global Pet Expo’s annual “Excellence in Journalism and Outstanding Contributions to the Pet Industry Award” for her commitment to the industry. Wilson accepted the award March 13, 2014 at the media-exclusive Purina® Media Reception at Global Pet Expo.
NEW PRODUCT SHOWCASE: 900 entries
Now in its fourth year, the “Best in Show” ceremony took place on the show floor and was hosted by veterinarian and media personality, Dr. Marty Becker. With more entrants than ever, buyers narrowed down top picks from over 900 products across nine categories to determine the “Best in Show” winners. Becker also gave a nod to his favorites with his annual “Becker’s Best” awards.
INDUSTRY FIGURES RELEASED:
Announcing $58 billion in pet spending for 2014; the release can be found in its entirety in the Association’s press center at www.americanpetproducts.org.
Spots are filling up fast for next year, join us today!